Saturday 11 January 2014

THE EARTH HAS SUCH HUGE OLD BONES




THE EARTH HAS SUCH HUGE OLD BONES


The earth has such huge old bones.

They elbow out of the frayed fabric of wearied forests

and poke holes in the sky's eyes.


Mountaineers race to be kings of the castle

but huge old bones doesn’t shrug, doesn’t care,

doesn’t feel the spike slip or hear the gasp for air.

 
 
If I was devil-may-care and debonair

I would leave my own bones high up there.

Mere man just dust on the skeleton of the world.

 
 
Time erodes me. It wears away my hair,

my reason, flesh, skin and sight.

I won't be mulch and nuzzle into the valley’s soft groin.

I'll stick my bones on a rock near heaven

where space and earth wonder and collide.


Begun in Anatolia, Turkey November 5th 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment