Wednesday 9 January 2013

Who, Why and What.


I make art because I have to make art.

I spent my childhood and schooldays in Zimbabwe, studied at the Michaelis School of Art in Cape Town and learnt politics in Natal.

In the sixties I left South Africa to seek asylum in liberating London.

In the seventies I became a mother, wife and Feminist in England.

In Zambia in the eighties I worked as teacher, art gallery director and expatriate economic migrant.

In the nineties I returned to live, learn and paint in East Anglia.

I have always made art though at times been lost for direction, identity and method.

My art is the process by which I explore connections, conflict, creativity and communication.
 
I have written poetry since I was at school and this blog is my first attempt to share it.
 
All the work on this blog is by me and is mine and the copyright is mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment